Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts after The Great Indian Butterfly

I just completed watching movie The Great Indian Butterfly. Well, if you leave all the name calling in this movie aside, this movie has wonderful message of finding the happiness within oneself. One of the characters in this movie says we have a habit of turning away the peace when it knocks our door saying we are looking for peace. So true and relevant ! The protagonists in this movie are characters just like you and me probably, ones who are so busy and engrossed in their professional lives and successes that they hardly have any time for each other or for themselves.  


Well, as I saw the movie, thoughts ran in my mind of how I have been living so far, whether I truly enjoy what I do now, have I truly enjoyed what I have done so far, whether am I more proud of personal stuff or my professional stuff, where does it take me from here to and many others. 


And, I remember watching a not very similar but a related movie, 'Dasvidaniya', while I was at XL which talked of defining 10 things that you would want to do before you die. The main character played by Vinay Pathak had a moron life until he discovered that he was to die and after which he set out to accomplish each one of his ambitions. Well, I cannot say that I have accomplished all 10 of my ambitions in life but yes, I did achieve one of doing a Masters in Business ! :-).. So at least, I am not gonna die disheartened ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment